For a luminous complexion that offers you the perfect canvas for your wedding make-up, you need to get started on an effective beauty regime…now
To ensure you wake up with healthy skin that’s glowing with vitality on your big day, invest in a skincare plan as soon as possible. The more effort you put in, the better the results. Here is a simple countdown to your big day that will help you get your glow on!
THREE TO SIX MONTHS TO GO….
* Treat yourself to a monthly facial or use a deep-cleansing face-mask to rid your skin of toxins. Don’t worry if you get a few spots, it’s just your skin’s way of getting rid of impurities. Better now than on the day!
* If you’re planning to wear strappy sandals, it’s important to look after your feet. Smooth them with a scrub or foot file to stop rough skin building up and moisturise them every night.
* Get hands ready for that ring-on-finger moment by rubbing in cuticle cream every night to keep cuticles moisturised and healthy. And if you’re prone to weak or brittle nails, start applying a nail strengthener every couple of weeks.
* Get your skin in peak condition for the honeymoon by dry brushing your body with a natural bristle brush once a week. Start at your feet and work upwards in long, firm strokes, then follow with a moisturising body lotion.
* Get into a skincare routine you can realistically stick to using products that suit your skin.
TWO MONTHS TO GO….
* It’s never too soon for a professional spa treatment to detox and de-stress. Things are only going to get more hectic so it’s worth making “me” time now!
* Smooth your feet with a clay face-mask once a week. After rinsing, rub in a rich foot cream. You could also give them a gentle massage using a light oil.
* It’s important to keep your skin hydrated especially if you work in air-conditioned offices. Keep a can of floral water at your workstation and spritz your face throughout the day to refresh and revive it. (Recommended: Rose Water)
* Treat nails and cuticles to a hot wax conditioner to stimulate blood flow to the nail bed.
* Get your body ready for your vacation afterwards by exfoliating with a scrub once a week then apply body lotion for touchable, smooth skin.
ONE MONTH TO GO.…
* Have a Makeup rehearsal run with your make-up artist to ensure you’re happy with the colours and style. This will ensure you are at least set on that large detail of the wedding day.
* Plan a pampering night in. Run a bubble bath, light some candles, lock the door and forget any wedding anxieties.
* Treat yourself to a nerve-calming aromatherapy facial at a salon to draw out toxins.
* Get rid of dry skin from elbows, heels and ankles by exfoliating regularly.
* Have your eyebrows professionally shaped using the art of Threading with a trusted Threading Specialist. That will make it easy to keep them tidy on the wedding day.
THREE WEEKS TO GO…
* Treat your body to a mineral-rich refining mud mask at home or at a spa.
* Visit a sauna to give your skin an all-over deep cleansing
TWO WEEKS TO GO…
* Apply a treatment mask to your face when you’re in the bath. The steam will open up your pores and help the mask’s nutrients penetrate to the skin.
ONE WEEK TO GO…
* Relax as much as possible – stress does terrible things to your skin. Get a full body massage.
* Book yourself in for a manicure and pedicure
* Get your waxing done now to avoid redness and irritation.
* Go for a very lightly applied fake tan a few days before your big day for a light golden glow that will look natural in your wedding pictures.
THE BIG DAY!
* Relax in a lovely bath
* Thoroughly cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin.
* ENJOY the experience of getting ready with Seema Haider and her team, have your makeup and hair professionally done. She will have you feeling relaxed and beautiful.
Enjoy the experience of evolving into the most stunning version of yourself!